Monday, June 2, 2014

New companion!

HEY

Woah talk about change!! I am now in Tecalco. A tiny pueblo. Our area is extremely small compared to my other one. For reals. The members here are amazing seriously! They are so involved in the work, I mean we already have 3 baptism dates. So awesome. We have 2 wards and they seriously are so bomb. This place reminds me of UTah I mean the town is 80 percent members and the rest Catholic. These wards haven't had missionaries for years so we are super stars here. I LOVE IT. Everyone here works on farms, I mean just super humble. Our house is tiny but seriously it's so great because cleaning is easy. haha FINALLLY A REAL BATHROOM. Such a blessing. Our house is a house of a member, she is a little grandman. Sweet lady. She lives behind us in her daughters house and is always stopping by to see if we are hungry and makes us breakfast. I love it. They have cows and tons of dogs on the property. This place is so chill compared to Ixtapaluca. Seriously. 

My companion is Hermana Hill and she is super chill. She has a super thick American accent but gets super annoyed when I don't understand her Spanish. Which is a lot of the time. She has 7 months out and is a really hard worker. I love it. We worked way hard this week but it was so worth it. We have like 6 progressing investigators. One of them is Katy and she is 16 years old. She is the bishops sons girlfriend. After we taught her the first time and told her that if she wanted to know for herself if the church was true she had to read the Book of Mormon and pray. All that good stuff. So the next time we came and vistited her she justed started crying and told us that for the first time in her life she gave a sincere prayer to her Father in Heaven. And for the first time she felt the Spirit. It reminded how much our Father in Heaven loves all of his children! And he wants to help us but first we have to come to him. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!

SHOUT OUT TO DIANA FOR GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
ALSO SHOUT OUT TO HOLLY LAMBERT FOR HER AWESOME PACKAGE SHE SENT ME!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
One last thing that I wanted to share is how much I've learned about my own weaknesses. Sometimes I get so bummed because well I'm not a perfect missionary and that is really hard for me because I want to do everything right so that people can partake of this awesome message. One night I was reading a letter my sister Mireya gave me a long time ago but I love it! She wrote that Our strengths are only a benefit to us if we learn to acknowledge what our weaknesses are. she goes on to say that as we face and overcome our weaknesses we become humble which makes us stay constant and true to our covenants. I love that! I learned so much about myself here, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm not perfect but that is when the atonement comes in. We are here to become more like our Father in Heaven. I challenge you all to make goals and work on those weaknesses. Read our patirartical blessings and try obtain those gifts promised to us. 
LOVE YOU ALL!!
 
LAST SHOUT OUT TO MY SISTER CARINA!!!!!! I HOPE YOU HAD AN AWESOME BIRTHDAY!! GRATEFUL FOR YOUR MISSIONARY EXAMPLE!!



My area is super green. Im happy not to be in the city anymore!

Quinceneras are a big deal here. I keep telling people that my parents owe me one and that is why I take so many pictures of them! lol


My last night in Ixapaluca. Some members gave me a fiesta. Tons of fun!


Everyone loves selfies!


The house of the members we live behind and our house 




A cute girl from the ward


No comments:

Post a Comment