Monday, September 29, 2014

Greeting from Ixtapaluca

Greeting from Ixtapaluca,

This week was great. My companion and I always have a blast together but really. My companion is so fascinated by the United States, she is always asking me the weirdest things like: The United States is so far ahead of us here in everything....Do you guys have microwaves that you can place silverware in yet? Or whenever anything is a lot of work she asks if there is an easier way in the United States. Today she commented "you guys probably don't even have to mop over there! Talk about a poor people thing to do" I usually respond with making something crazy up. This week we pullled a prank on our zone leader because they actually live in our area and we are seriously are always with them. I sent a photo. we found the doll in the road and wrote his name, my companion is so crazy, she cut the dolls ear and put it in it's mouth. hahah Transfers are tomorrow but for the first time on my mission I am staying! Woo! I really love this area and the ward. 

This week we found tons of new people to teach, seriously they are so prepared. First we found a young adult named Caren (people here love American names) she sold us some super cheap skirts and well we visited her this week and she is super awesome. She is a single mom and just wants a better life, she has so much faith that we can help her. We were supposed to have 2 families get baptized this past week but they have to have to asist church 5 times before and this Sunday guess what? They slept in. Satan you suck and they can't get baptized this coming week because of General Conference, which I am super stoked for, so they we have to wait for the 11th!! Ahhh But they are awesome and have testimonies that seriously streghthen mine. Elizabet and Efred have demond babies who are always crying and super crazy. I love visiting them because they are a great time always. 

This week I really learned about the importance of a really good scripture study. How application is everything! Really though sometime I fall into a rountine where I just love sharing my favorite scriptures but this week I really tried to apply the scriptures as well as find new ones. I felt the Spirit so much stronger in my lessons and really felt The Lord guiding my words and guiding me to the people that I needed to contact in the streets. This is His work and I am so grateful to be a part of it. 

Love you all!!
Have a great week and remember to study the sciptures! lol
Hermana Sanchez 

No comments:

Post a Comment