Monday, May 5, 2014

First week in Mexico!

      The flight was long well it felt long anyways because I was so exausted I had to wake up at 2am. When we were flying over Mexico it was crazy to see all the little pueblos. Finally we got to Mexico City with so many people and buildings. Sometimes I get really discouraged and think what am I doing here? Seriously it is ghetto, haha The thing that really gets me through is that my parents lived in probably worse than this!! My parents are my heroes. It's crazy to think that I could be living in these same circumstances if they didn't move to the States. I'm in a trio with two Meixcans who don't speak a lick of English. It's hard sometimes but I can understand mostly everything. Our apartment is ok. I'm still getting used to the bathroom. We have no toilet seat nor hot water. If I want hot water they have these these that plug into the wall and have a rod that you put in the water to heat it. So dangerous!!! But it's all good. My comps are fun one is seriously exactly like mom. In her manersims and everything she says. So weird but I'm learning to love it. They're really short and here you call your trainers mami but I can't cus I'm too tall. Also I have an Elder in my Zone who is really good friends with Neibeds brothers his name is Elder Brockman or something. haha idk. 

I've had some real hard times here but I know that I have to give this my all because the time will fly. The people here are so humble and they're houses are tiny!! I love the people and bearing testimony all day pretty much. My first day out we taught 6 lessons and contacted 15 people on the streets. We can only contact on the streets because knocking doors here is dangerous. They tell me it's because missionaries have been killed doing that because they disrupt drug deals. hahah lol. I've only seen 3 drug deals. It's super ghetto here. Everyone has a little table selling something on all corners. It's insane and the traffic is horrific. We jay walk all the time and I swear we are going to die. The streets are also filled with tons and i mean tons of stry dogs. Huge pitbulls and everything just roam everywhere. I haven't seen a dangerous one yet because they are abused here way bad. But the other day I did get scared by one and since I flinched and screamed he also got scared but my mexi companions jump in front and saved me. We walk on dirt roads and super rural area and they we have a busy busy town. I'm in the area called Ixtapaluca. Check it out. 

We teach a lot of less actives here. It's crazy they bear testimony and it's so strong but they just aren't converted. I'm so grateful for the oppertunity and for everyone that has helped me get here!!! One day no one was home and it was just a super downer day where I was just thinking what in the world am I doing here? I'm not making any kind of difference. We finally found a less active family and I decided to teach about a certain chapter and just bear testimony about families and how God put us in families to feel joy. A joy that can't come from any other place than a family. I felt the spirit so strong and the lady started crying and saying that we were her angels and that that message was exactly what she needed. Amazing experience to learn that God is so aware of us. 
Another story so one of my companions is a leader and she had to go to a day long meeting far away and so my other companion and I were going to pick her up and as we were waiting, I mean there was tons and tons of people around us, this young lady like early twenties comes up to us and asks if she could talk to us. She said she saw us from far away. I have no idea how really. But I just had the feeling to hug her and as I did she just started sobing in my arms. After that we decided to sit down on the curb of some road and started talking. She was a less active and was in a really hard situation were her family wasn't members and they wanted to kill her member finance. stuff like that. So my companion offered a prayer of comfort and so we prayed right there on that curb. Right when we bowed our heads a bunch of men started yelling and screaming at us from across the street saying stuff like "you idiots there is no God" and all that. But the spirit was so strong and I felt this bubble of protection from them. The power of prayer is amazing!!!!


love you all,
Hermana Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment